Students of four groups from four European countries (Germany, Poland, Romania, Hungary) spent eight days – 22 September to 1 October visiting former Concentration Camp Ravensbrück in Germany.
They will learn about its history, with a special attention given to art created within the camp. Together with artists representing different disciplines, they explored the concept of art understood as documentation, witnessing, and spiritual resistance.
In four artistic workshops the students could express their ideas and feelings through dance, theater, their own texts and audiomedia. The artists and educational workshops support transferring the past into the students present lives. In the end, 09.30.2017 a performance took place at the specific locations of the memorial and later on the same day the performance was transfered at Basiskulturfabrik Neustrelitz.
Artistic Director: Dan Wolf, San Francisco.
Director of Workshops: Dan Wolf, Creative Writing, San Francisco.Katarina Rampackova, Dance, Slovakia / Michał Barczak, Theater, Poland / Christian W. Find, Audio-Media, Germany.
Director education workshops of memorial Ravensbrück: Matthias Heyl.
Education Workshops: Angelika Meyer, Katja Anders, Dr. Constanze Jaiser.
‘Irena Sendler School’ from Hamburg will participate in “Sound in the Silence” for the third time.
- Mihai Eminescu National College, Botosani, Romania,
- Fazekas Mihály Gimnázium, Budapest, Hungary,
- Klementyna Hoffmanowa Highschool, Warsaw, Poland
MOTTE und ENRS-European Network Remembrance and Solidarity
- BKM-Die Beauftragte des Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien,
- U.S. Embassy Berlin,
- Freudenberg Stiftung,
- Ministerstwo Kultury i Dziedzictwa Narodowego / The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage,
- Hungarian Government / Ministry of Human Capacities, Budapest,
- The Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic, Bratislava, Slovakia,
- Ministerul Culturii, Romania
Stiftung Brandenburgische Gedenkstätten / Mahn- und Gedenkstätte Ravensbrück,
Ústav pamäti národa, Bratislava,